We have been hiring frequently over the last few months in Sales roles. New joiners would have worked in blue chip companies earlier. Some of their company policies will be very employee friendly. Having an open mind and progressive attitude, Cocoguru management would like to bring in those policies here. Few of the policies suggested were
- Bring daily allowance or food expense outside the employee Cost To Company (CTC) calculation
- Make salary payments immediately after the end of the month
- Bring paid leave value outside the CTC
The first suggestion has already been implemented (Food expenses to be excluded from Employees CTC) couple of months back. The second suggestion is set to be implemented now. The third suggestion is being considered but not decided.
Till now, salary payments used to happen on 7th of next month. The reasons were
- Employees used to quit immediately after getting their salary and without serving notice period. Having 7 days of salary with the company would reduce such a behaviour
- Calculation of salary and approvals takes some time, though done through spreadsheets it requires gathering data like attendance, commission and incentives
- Reduces the company’s working capital requirement to the extent of 1 week’s salary
Now, we are paying salaries immediately to permanent employees because
- Loyalty they have shown towards the company so far is being valued
- Company trusts them to behave like responsible employees
- Help’s employees meet their financial commitments earlier by 1 week
- Calculations and approvals can be done faster because of more refined and automated calculation process now
- Company’s improved financial position means it can afford the necessary working capital
However, employees under probation will continue to get their salaries on the 7th.